Infolawyer, Lawyer
Experience:  Licensed attorney helping employers and employees.
11313492

My former boss called my father to inform him I had quit my

Customer Question

My former boss called my father to inform him I had quit my job. Is this a violation of my rights?
Category: Employment Law
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  Patrick, Esq. replied 6 months ago.

Hello and welcome. My name is ***** ***** it will be my pleasure to assist you. Please just give me a moment to review your question....

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Please call me with your counsel

I truly wish I could tell you otherwise, but an employee has no protected legal right to privacy with regard to the statute of their employment. So, there is nothing illegal about a former employer telling a third party that you quit your job. I am very sorry.

If I can clarify anything at all for you, please do not hesitate to ask. It is my pleasure to assist you further if necessary....

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Go f**k yourself

I do not deal with customers who use such inappropriate language, so I will opt out of this question. Good luck to you.

Expert:  Infolawyer replied 6 months ago.

Different expert here. You can pursue a claim against the employer for defamation, negligent infliction of emotional distress, intentional infliction of emotional distress. You can do this initially by lawyer letter seeking a settlement, and then if needed, sue. I hope that gives you some options to consider and ask that you rate my answer 5 stars.

If I can clarify anything, of course reply and ask me.

Kindly rate my answer 5 stars.