socrateaser, Lawyer
Experience:  Retired (mostly)
10097515

I went to small claims court with a roofing company because

Customer Question

I went to small claims court with a roofing company because they put the wrong color shingles on my house.i paid them the first payment of 2776.00.my understanding from the judge was to pay them 3800.oo for the job.the total for the job was 6800. I get a call from the roofing company saying I still owe them 2800.00. which I sent them 1050.00 I am lost here. need help
JA: Because employment law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?
Customer: nc
JA: Is the employment agreement "at will," union, full time or part time?
Customer: mabe I am talking to the wrong type of lawer
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: i signed a contract for the color to be charcoal black but texted the supervisor to change the color about 2weeks before they started. his reply to my text was yes.i can get it i believe the color is Georgetown gray.
Category: Employment Law
Expert:  socrateaser replied 7 months ago.

If the court issued a judgment for a specific amount, then that is the only amount you owe, unless you contracted for additional work after the judgment was entered by the court.

The vendor cannot demand additional money, because a court will refuse to grant a second judgment on the same claim. This is barred by what is known as the doctrine of "res judicata" (latin for "already decided").

I would have to read your judgment to see if you are in compliance with the court orders. But, the short answer is that if the judgment states you must pay $X, then that is the only amount you must pay.

I hope I've answered your question. Please let me know if you require further clarification. And, please provide a positive feedback rating for my answer (click 3, 4 or 5 stars) -- otherwise, I receive nothing for my efforts in your behalf.

Thanks again for using Justanswer!

Hello again,

I see that you have reviewed my answer, but that you have not provided a rating. Do you need any further clarification concerning my answer, or is everything satisfactory?

If you need further clarification, concerning this matter, please feel free to ask. If not, I would greatly appreciate a positive feedback rating for my answer (click 3, 4 or 5 stars) – otherwise, I receive nothing for my efforts in your behalf.
Thanks again for using Justanswer!