Ray, Employment lawyer
Experience:  30 years in Employment law

Recently I applied for a promotion and was turned down

Customer Question

Recently I applied for a promotion and was turned down because my boss said "I need a male presence". The job was for a restaurant supervisor position. What do I do now? It'seems clearly a violation of Title VII of the Civil Rights Act of 1964.
Submitted: 10 days ago.
Category: Employment Law
Expert:  Ray replied 10 days ago.

Hi and welcome to JA. Ray here to help you today.Please bear with me a few moments while I review your question, conduct and prepare your response.

Expert:  Ray replied 10 days ago.

You should file with EEOC here claiming discrimination.They clearly denied you a promotion based on sex discrimination.EEOC investigates here and my issue you a right to sue letter.You can then sue here for promotion, damages, legal fees.Also employer may seek to resolve the complaint along the way.The law forbids discrimination when it comes to any aspect of employment, including hiring, firing, pay, job assignments, promotions, layoff, training, fringe benefits, and any other term or condition of employment.

File here

This is ridiculous for the boss to have told you this as it is clear there was discrimination in hiring here or promoting you.File your complaint and consider a local employment lawyer to sue as well.

I appreciate the chance to help you today.Thanks again and the best here.

Expert:  Ray replied 10 days ago.

Employment lawyer for you here

I am so sorry that they mistreated you this way you have rights here.

Expert:  Ray replied 10 days ago.

If you can positive rate when we are done it is always much appreciated.Let me know if you have more follow up.Thanks again.