Tina, Lawyer
Experience:  JD, BBA, recognized by ABA for excellence.

My employer makes all their employees purchase critical care

Customer Question

My employer makes all their employees purchase critical care insurance. It's like aflac. It ends up costing me 15.00 a week. I don't want it company says to bad it's mandatory. That's why theirs workman's comp correct. Is there anything I can do about this. The company is based out of Wisconsin. I live in Arizona. Total employees around 2000 appx thank you ron sloat
Submitted: 9 days ago.
Category: Employment Law
Expert:  Janine Burke replied 9 days ago.

Hi there! Unfortunately most employment is considered at-will employment. This means that your employer may tell you what is mandatory to stay employed, including the terms of purchasing and paying for insurance. If it's mandatory, then it's possible that you could be let go if you do not pay it. You always have the option not to pay it. However, if you decide not to pay for it, then you could be at risk of losing your job.