Gerald-Esquire, Lawyer
Experience:  30 years of experience

I have been trying hard to find a lost pension from a

Customer Question

My name is***** and I have been trying hard to find a lost pension from a company I used to work for.The company is no longer in business and the name is***** wilton ct. and then became Data switch from Shelton ct.I tried the pension data bases on the computer.Could you please help me myu e-mail is***@******.***
JA: Because employment law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?
Customer: connecticut
JA: Is the employment agreement "at will," union, full time or part time?
Customer: full time
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: after I left that company the company then became Data Signal
Submitted: 9 days ago.
Category: Employment Law
Customer: replied 9 days ago.
I meant General signal
Expert:  Gerald-Esquire replied 9 days ago.

Thank you for using Just Answer. Please bear with me while I review your question. I will respond fully shortly. Thank you for your patience.

Thank you for using Just Answer. I want to provide you the best service I can. Please feel free to ask any follow up questions you have.

I am an attorney with 30 years of experience; I hope to provide you information that will help you in resolving your question.

Your best chance for recovering your pension is to apply with the Federal Pension Benefit Guarantee Corporation. This is a federal government ageny that is responsible for overseeing and insuring that pension plans are viable. When a plan fails the agency is resposnible for providing certain benefits to employees who would otherwise lose their pension.

If you have not already done so contact the agnecy here:

I am sorry that there have been difficulties for you with your pension and I hope the agency can assist you.

I want you to be comfortable and satisfied with my attempt to assist you. Please, if you have ANY follow up questions, feel free to ask. Please note that I am generally unavailable Friday evening through Sunday.

I hope the information I have provided is useful to you and that I have earned a positive rating from you. It costs you nothing extra, and is the only way I get credit for my attempt to assist you.

If you are dissatisfied with my response PLEASE let me know before giving me a negative review so that I may try to be of better assistance. Or if you prefer, let me know and I can “Opt Out” and your question can be re-posted without additional cost to you. I will be fair to you and only ask the same from you.

Good luck,

Please note: Information given is not legal advice. Only your local attorney can give legal advice. I can't establish or accept an attorney-client relationship with you. All posts are available for public viewing.