I'm Doug, and I'm very sorry to hear of your situation. My goal is to provide you with excellent service today.
This seems like a very crucial matter for you, and your questions and issues suggest that an in-depth conversation might best suit your needs.
I have been a licensed, litigation attorney for more than 30 years, and I have handled several thousand cases. What you are asking for is all but impossible to respond to adequately in this written format, and in my experience is only practical to approach in a phone conversation.
If you are interested, for a nominal charge of just $7 more I can offer you a phone conference as opposed to continuing in this question and answer thread. If you are not interested just let me know and if I can't help you I will consider opting out and another professional could then assist you.
I do need some additional information.
1. Did you work for your former employer in Minnesota?
2. Is the company still in business
3. When did you sign the non-compete agreement?
4. What are the specific limitations in the agreement as regards ***** ***** location?
5. Is the new, prospective employer offering a job doing the same thing that you have been doing?
6. What did you do for 20 years?