Tina, Lawyer
Experience:  JD, BBA, recognized by ABA for excellence.

If I signed a non-compete and got off, and a new company

Customer Question

if I signed a non-compete and got laid off , and a new company wants to hire me , can they , I have worked in this field my whole 20 plus years and this is how i earn a living for the past 20 years.
JA: Because employment law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?
Customer: mn
JA: Is the employment agreement "at will," union, full time or part time?
Customer: Full time , i was laid of due to lack of business
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: I did do well and grew my territory and hit the my targets each year
Submitted: 12 days ago.
Category: Employment Law
Expert:  LawTalk replied 12 days ago.

Good afternoon,

I'm Doug, and I'm very sorry to hear of your situation. My goal is to provide you with excellent service today.

This seems like a very crucial matter for you, and your questions and issues suggest that an in-depth conversation might best suit your needs.

I have been a licensed, litigation attorney for more than 30 years, and I have handled several thousand cases. What you are asking for is all but impossible to respond to adequately in this written format, and in my experience is only practical to approach in a phone conversation.

If you are interested, for a nominal charge of just $7 more I can offer you a phone conference as opposed to continuing in this question and answer thread. If you are not interested just let me know and if I can't help you I will consider opting out and another professional could then assist you.

I do need some additional information.

1. Did you work for your former employer in Minnesota?

2. Is the company still in business

3. When did you sign the non-compete agreement?

4. What are the specific limitations in the agreement as regards ***** ***** location?

5. Is the new, prospective employer offering a job doing the same thing that you have been doing?

6. What did you do for 20 years?

Customer: replied 12 days ago.
Please refund my 38.00
Expert:  LawTalk replied 12 days ago.

If you don't want the call, then at a minimum I need the information I asked for to be able to assist you. After all I am not a mind reader and I have no information or facts that I need to answer your question.