Tina, Lawyer
Experience:  JD, BBA, recognized by ABA for excellence.
4460311

I'm a 55yo, female pharmaceutical rep who just had her

Customer Question

I'm a 55yo, female pharmaceutical rep who just had her territory rearranged to include Washington DC where you cannot work without a license which I do not have - takes several months to obtain - just received new territory goals which are DOUBLE last quarter
JA: Because employment law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?
Customer: I live in Maryland
JA: Is the employment agreement "at will," union, full time or part time?
Customer: My teerritory is in both MD and DC
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: at will full time
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Employment Law
Expert:  ScottyMacEsq replied 1 month ago.

Thank you for using JustAnswer.

I'm sorry to hear about your situation. Can you tell me what your specific question is?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
I feel like I am being set up to fail due to my age. No other rep in my District had their goals doubled in a shortened quarter let alone a territory where most of the geography requires a license, which I don't have yet and could take 2 mos to get. If I don't achieve goals they will say I didn't perform and is grounds for termination

I see. Again, can you tell me what your question is? I do appreciate this additional background information, as it helps me understand the situation a bit more, but I want to make sure that I answer your specific question, rather than assume one from the facts that you've stated...

I see you have not responded in some time. Did you wish to continue with this question?

Hello? Please let me know if you wish to continue or not. If not, I can have the question closed so that it doesn't show up on my screen anymore...