Ray, Employment lawyer
Experience:  30 years in Employment law
8534270

I want to know how about going alerting my employers about

Customer Question

I want to know how about going alerting my employers about discriminatory hiring issues that I have been exposed. I feel like I have talked to HR and nothing has changed. So I am thinking of going to her boss the COO.
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Employment Law
Expert:  Ray replied 1 month ago.

Hi and welcome to JA. Ray here to help you today.Please bear with me a few moments while I review your question, conduct and prepare your response.

Expert:  Ray replied 1 month ago.

You have right to file a complaint here with EEOC. They will investigate and may issue a right to sue letter.If you have been discriminated against yourself then you are able to file a civil suit.The COO will be made aware of the EEOC complaint and may be interviewed as part of the EEOC investigation.This is really the best way to expose this and have action taken by EEOC.

File here

https://www.eeoc.gov/employees/charge.cfm

Filing A Charge of Discrimination

If you believe that you have been discriminated against at work because of your race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, gender identity, and sexual orientation), national origin, age (40 or older), disability or genetic information, youcan file a Charge of Discrimination. All of the laws enforced by EEOC, except for the Equal Pay Act, require you to file a Charge of Discrimination with us before you can file a job discrimination lawsuit against your employer. In addition, an individual, organization, or agency may file a charge on behalf of another person in order to protect theaggrieved person's identity. There are time limits for filing a charge.

I appreciate the chance to help you today.Please let me know if you have more follow up.Thanks again.

Expert:  Ray replied 1 month ago.

The law forbids discrimination when it comes to any aspect of employment, including hiring, firing, pay, job assignments, promotions, layoff, training, fringe benefits, and any other term or condition of employment.