Tina, Lawyer
Experience:  JD, BBA, recognized by ABA for excellence.
4460311

I was terminated from my job wrongfully after being accused

Customer Question

I was terminated from my job wrongfully after being accused of soliciting business from my companies client. I worked for a cleaning company,I am on Social Security and worked part time. Since that happened a person I was cleaning for discovered I was terminated and called me after terminating the services of the company. I then was asked to clean for them... The company found out after I had 2 cleanings and sent me a letter to stop. I stopped that day returned keys to my client explaing the situation. I have never solicited the cleaning company's clients, but did run an ad for my own. I stopped that because I have now been employed by a private family through their company.The total earnings for that independent job was 80 dollars. Their lawyer is now wanting to file suit for damages and breach of contract. I live in Louisiana single and own no property except a 11 yr old car... What should I do ?? Needing help please !! Thank you, Pam
Category: Employment Law
Expert:  Richard replied 2 months ago.

Hi! My name is Richard & I will be helping you today! It will take me a few minutes to type a response to your question. Thanks for your patience!

Expert:  Richard replied 2 months ago.

Pamela, can you provide me a bit more information. Had you signed a contract with your job that contained a non-compete and/or non-solicitation provision? Thanks.

Expert:  Richard replied 2 months ago.

I just wanted to let you know that I will be away at a meeting for the next hour or so. Should you have a follow up while I’m away, I will address it immediately upon my return. Thank you in advance for your patience. I apologize for any inconvenience.