Allen M., Esq.
Allen M., Esq., Employment Lawyer
Experience:  Employment/Labor Law Litigation

I was told on yesterday by my administrator that she needed

Customer Question

I was told on yesterday by my administrator that she needed to have a meeting with me and with Human Resources
JA: Have you documented this or discussed it with HR?
Customer: No, they are laying off people at my job and Human Resources are involved and assisting with the lay offs
JA: Is the employment agreement "at will," union, full time or part time?
Customer: At will and full time
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: I would like to know if I needed legal representatioN because this administrator told me it was going to be bad
Submitted: 19 days ago.
Category: Employment Law
Expert:  Allen M., Esq. replied 19 days ago.

Thank you for trusting your question to JA today. I am a licensed attorney with over a decade of law practice and over 20 years of experience in the legal field. I’m happy to be of assistance.

Legally speaking, you are not entitled to take legal representation to an HR meeting with an employer. This isn't a criminal law matter where you are entitled to have representation.

You can certainly ask if the employer will allow it, but they don't have to.

Even if you were permitted to bring an attorney, this isn't a court situation so an attorney really would not have much utility. If the employer is laying people off, there isn't anything we can do as attorneys to stop an employer from reaching that decision.

If you have any further questions, please let me know. I invite follow up questions, so use REPLY for those. If you have no further questions then good luck going forward and please do not forget to rate my service with a three, a four or preferably a five star rating so that I receive credit for working with you today. Please rate me based on my service and not on your satisfaction with the law, which I am not in control of and I am just reporting to you. Also, feel free to request me in the future, if you have questions concerning a different matter.

Expert:  Allen M., Esq. replied 17 days ago.

Hello, I wanted to check in and make sure that there was not any additional information that you required after the response I previously provided to you. If you need further assistance, please use REPLY and ask me for any additional information you may need. If not, take care and have a great day.