Irwin Law
Irwin Law, Attorney
Experience:  Lawyer & Real Estate Broker, 30+ years, foreclosure, land contracts, inheritance, probate.
18215332

I think that I need harassment law, pa, My husband was a

Customer Question

I think that I need harassment law
JA: Because laws vary from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?
Customer: pa
JA: Is the employment agreement "at will," union, full time or part time?
Customer: Good morning My husband was a branch manager for a large company and made a big mistake in texting a temporary employee sexual comments. He apologized by text when he realized the gravity of his mistake. Six months later she was released as a temp and two weeks later my husband was fired from the company. Do you think that we can also be sued by her and do you think that we should contact a lawyer. We have copies of the inappropriate texts and apology.
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: mo
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Employment Law
Expert:  Irwin Law replied 1 month ago.

Do you think that we can also be sued by her and do you think that we should contact a lawyer.

I doubt it. Pennsylvania follows the employment at-will doctrine. It provides that an employer may terminate an employee at its will, and an employee may terminate his or her employment at their will at any time. It is highly unlikely that a temp would sue either the company or your husband because of being let go. I'm sure the company was careful not to specify that the reason she was being let go was the text messages. Contacting a lawyer at this time is premature and most likely unnecessary in the long run.

I hope that I have provided excellent service and, if so, would love a 5 star rating. If not, please let me know how I can further assist you. There is no additional charge to you for rating me. A bonus is not required, but is always appreciated.

Thanks again for using JUST ANSWER.