Tina, Lawyer
Experience:  JD, BBA, recognized by ABA for excellence.

I have a nurse on my job that is harassing me what can i do

Customer Question

Submitted: 15 days ago.
Category: Employment Law
Expert:  Marsha411JD replied 15 days ago.

Thank you for your question, however, before I can assist you I will need a bit more information. What is your relationship to this nurse? Co-worker? Is he/she a supervisor, or what? Are you in a union? What specifically do you mean when you say "harassing?" Why do you think he/she would be targeting you and not someone else? In other words, what makes you different in his/her eyes?

Customer: replied 15 days ago.
A month ago i spoke to her starting the shift and as i spoke to her now as i spoke to her i taped her arm and said hi how you. She seemed a little off that day and i was being a co worker that was being friendly maybe that would kind of cheer her up. Then i talked to her about the new resident that had came to the unit. Shortly after she dissappeared. a few minutes later the security guard and the Nurse manager comes on the unit and tells me that i assulted the nurse by touching her arm as i was speaking to her.I was told to leave the unit and i was being escorted out of the building. So i contacted the Director of nurses the next day and told her my story. She explained to me that they would view the tapes and they would get back to me. After viewing the tapes they said i done nothing wrong to her and that i could report back to work that night So when i get back to work the nurse sees me and goes ballistic and marches back down to the supervisors office to hav me removed fro the building again. But i had permission to be there. and they tells me to wait . She was acting all hysterical as if i had threatened her or something but i never said any thing to her afer that incident and she was still performing as if i had. She decied to go home that night and i went bac to my unit. The next night i reports to work she comes in with a complaint paper to file a restraining order against me. I had to talk to the VP of the building and he told me that i would have to float to other units for a while to be away from her in case i get served something from the courts.. So for a mont i had to float i never got served and no one notified me for nothing. Si i spoke back to the VP again and he tld me that sinc they havent heard nothing that i can now work back on my unit. So i reports back on my unit . The same nurse sees me and called the p[police on me saying that i missed the court date and was trying to have me arrested. My supervisors looked and they didn't have anything on record that i was served and the police looks and saw that i didn't have a warrant for my arrest as well. So they told her to report back to our units and the police left. But i feel that she is going to try to do something to sabbatoge me or try to get me fired because her efforts was stopped. she still want revenge and what can i do to protect my self..
Customer: replied 15 days ago.
no type me a repsonse
Customer: replied 15 days ago.
she is not a supervisor she is a LPN. and yes we have a union

Thank you for your reply. Unfortunately, I am going to have to opt out of working on your question. I am in the path of Hurricane Matthew and must tend to some immediate issues. Someone else will assist you momentarily. Thank you for your patience.

Expert:  legalgems replied 15 days ago.

I am very sorry to hear this; can I get your state please?