Infolawyer, Lawyer
Experience:  Licensed attorney helping employers and employees.

No I trying to figure out how to process a complaint against

Customer Question

no I trying to figure out how to process a complaint against a company that wanted to termeinate because of no dr. note for one day virus. never miss work. Several occasions worked 7 to 8 hour shift with no break or lunch. Was not given promotion to specific job because of policy you have to be employed six months or longer at the time was 5 months but let another employee transfer and had only been with company 2 months.
JA: Because employment law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?
Customer: texas
JA: Is the employment agreement "at will," union, full time or part time?
Customer: not sure what at will means no union didn't get full time position I wanted to transfer to . event staff so work schedule is dependent on what events they get contracts for.
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: no. summed up majority of issues. the company if you work 30 hours or more provide insurance 401k paid holidays. Company has atleat 8 10 locations in 8 to 10 differents states. Motto is supposidely never give up and promote employees into positions they will thrive in
Submitted: 20 days ago.
Category: Employment Law
Expert:  Infolawyer replied 20 days ago.

Hello and welcome. I am working on your answer and will be right back!

are you asking for options to pursue the claim and preparation options?

Customer: replied 20 days ago.
dont want to work there anymore but want to file complaint against company
I am sorry this happened. I will do the following: 1. suggest options for pursuing a case 2. preparation tactics 3. way to find a local lawyer if you still wish to involve one but can save on fees by following steps 1 and 2You have a few options. Let me outline them. You can pursue a complaint in civil court. You may sue for losses suffered plus costs and interest. You can also file a complaint with the attorney general office and labor board.You can threaten these options before pursuing and use for leverage. local counsel can also get involved! A lawyer letter alone can often bring about a settlement as the other side realizes that you are serious and gets concerned about its risk and legal and are both excellent lookup directories. Both highly rated. Both used by lawyers. Easy to searchYou want to prepare your case by creating a time line starting from the earliest event. For each event, write down key details and witnesses and if there is a document that relates to it, save it and refer to it. This timeline can be very valuable in narrating your case and presenting it later in a concrete and specific way.If I can clarify or explain anything further, just ask me. kindly rate me 5 stars. Leaving a bonus after rating is very much appreciated.
Expert:  Infolawyer replied 14 days ago.

Is the answer acceptable?