How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Asad Rahman Your Own Question
Asad Rahman
Asad Rahman, Lawyer
Category: Employment Law
Satisfied Customers: 2103
Experience:  Practicing Attorney with 10 years experience
Type Your Employment Law Question Here...
Asad Rahman is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I am in a corporate housing. the company is trying to force

Customer Question

i am in a corporate housing. the company is trying to force me resign so i wont get my severance. i just moveed from norcal to socal for the job. can they force me out?
JA: Because real estate law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?
Customer: newbury park, ca
JA: Has anything been filed or reported?
Customer: no
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: big 5 hour meeting today
Submitted: 6 months ago.
Category: Employment Law
Expert:  Asad Rahman replied 6 months ago.

I am really sorry to hear this. I would suggest waiting them out and not resigning unless they agree to give you a reasonable severance and give you 30 days or so to find new housing.

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
in san francisco, if someone pays a utility bill, they are ocnsidered lease holders. the lease on this place is prepadi fro 11 more months. if i paid a utility bill, could i be considerd a lease holder?
Expert:  Asad Rahman replied 6 months ago.

yes I think so but legally it is also considered a job benefit.

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
how does ajob beneift alter things?
Expert:  Asad Rahman replied 6 months ago.

meaning they can take it away at will. I do not think the courts would treat it as a lease in the traditional sense.

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Expert:  Asad Rahman replied 6 months ago.

Let me know if you have any additional questions. I think you might want to consider hiring an attorney to negotiate a severance with them. That way you have more leverage.

Expert:  Asad Rahman replied 6 months ago.

If you do not have any further questions a positive rating would be greatly appreciated.