Tina, Lawyer
Experience:  JD, BBA, recognized by ABA for excellence.
4460311

I work in a call center and I am a diabetic and sometimes

Customer Question

I work in a call center and I am a diabetic and sometimes have to be out due to episodes. I am constantly being given warnings which are like a threat telling me if I don't improve on my attendance I will be terminated. I also feel that my workplace is toxic an hostile.
JA: Because employment law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?
Customer: Texas
JA: Has anything been filed or reported?
Customer: I have reported to HR but they all side with my Supervisor where can I lodge a complaint.
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: I broke my tooth on Monday and am in severe pain and requested that I be taken off the phones today and my supervisor says she is sorry but all work is phone work which is not true. I finally got my dentis to see me and I am schduled for oral Surgery on Friday at 8am but have to see my doctor tmrw before she can do the surgery as she is afraid of complications. I told my Supervisor and she says I am sorry I cannot excuse you and I was given a Final warning in Jume that I have until October 23rd to improve my attendance or else I will be terminated if absent again.
Category: Employment Law
Expert:  LawTalk replied 2 months ago.

Good afternoon,

I'm Doug, and I'm very sorry to hear of your situation. My goal is to provide you with excellent service today. In order to give you a clear and concise answer, I will need some additional information about the circumstances, please.

A. Do you meet the below requirements---all 3 of them:
1. Your employer has 50 or more employees, and
2. You have worked longer than 1 year for the employer, and
3. You have worked at least 1250 hours in the past 12 months for the employer?

Doug

Expert:  LawTalk replied 2 months ago.

I won't be able to assist you if you are not able to provide the minimal information I sought clarification on. Please get back to me with this information at your earliest convenience.

Doug

Expert:  LawTalk replied 2 months ago.

This seems like a very crucial matter for you, and your questions and issues suggest that an in-depth conversation might best suit your needs. If you are interested, for a very nominal charge I can offer you a personal phone conference during which there is no limitation on the number of questions you can ask of me, as opposed to continuing in this question and answer thread which is searchable and viewable by the public.

Doug