RobertJDFL, Lawyer
Experience:  Experienced in multiple areas of the law.
18284290

Is there anything we're legally required to do when cutting

Customer Question

Is there anything we're legally required to do when cutting staff due to work performance?
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Employment Law
Expert:  RobertJDFL replied 1 month ago.

Thank you for using Just Answer. I am a licensed attorney and look forward to helping you. I am reviewing your question and will reply back shortly.

Thank you for your patience.

You want to make sure that you pay the employees timely upon separation from the company. Many states have laws regarding issuance of final paycheck. You'll also want to make sure you let your employees know about things like COBRA coverage (if you have at least 20 employees). Also make sure to address 401k, profit-sharing and pensions benefits if applicable. Also, it's a good idea to document any work performance issues you had.

Please remember to kindly leave a positive rating for me by clicking on the stars, as that is the only way experts are paid for their time even though you may have already paid a deposit to the site. Follow-up questions asked in this thread do not cost anything additional after leaving a positive rating.

If you need clarification
about my answer or additional information, please use the SEND or REPLY button to continue our conversation. Your satisfaction is my goal and I am here to help!