Marsha411JD, Lawyer
Experience:  Licensed Attorney with 29 yrs. exp in Employment Law

If i earn over $1200 per month in my trial work period (even

Customer Question

If i earn over $1200 per month in my trial work period (even if it's only for 3 months and not the full 9 months) will i lose my disability benefits?
Submitted: 21 days ago.
Category: Employment Law
Expert:  Marsha411JD replied 21 days ago.

Thank you for your question. No, assuming we are talking about SSDI, the amount you earn during your TWP is not an issue. The issue is how many months you earn at least $810. Once you have earned at least that much for at least 9 months in a rolling 60 month period, you could be determined, by SSA, to no longer be disabled. You can see the general rule at the following link:

Please feel free to ask for clarification if needed. If none is needed, then if you could take a moment to leave a positive rating in the ratings box above, I will receive credit for assisting you today. Thank you

Expert:  Marsha411JD replied 19 days ago.

Hello again,

I wanted to touch base with you and make sure that you did not have any follow up questions for me from the answer I provided to you on the 5th. For some reason, the Experts are not always getting replies, or ratings (at the top of the question/answer page you are viewing or in the pop up box for this question), which is how we get credit(paid by the Site) for our work, that the customer thinks have gone through. In your case I received neither.

Please keep in mind that I cannot control the law or your circumstances, and am ethically bound to provide you with accurate information based on the facts you give me even if the news is not good. If you are having technical difficulties with reading, replying or rating,please let me know so that I can inform the Site administrator.Please note that Site use works best while using a computer and using either Google Chrome or Firefox.

In any event, it was a pleasure assisting you and I would be glad to attempt to assist you further on this issue, or a new legal issue,if needed. You can bookmark my page at:

Thank you.