Tina, Lawyer
Experience:  JD, BBA, recognized by ABA for excellence.
4460311

I am a business owner my book keeper and i no longer talking

Customer Question

i am a business owner my book keeper and i no longer talking i need to pay the taxes the business owes on the employee and on the items i sold ie sales that ,, i tried to do this on line but the only thing i think i did was got some l & I paid now i am laying off employee s and there going file for unployment but the state domt know all there houirs cause i not filed them how do i file them .. i made a saw account but its big mess i really screwed all this up thinking i could do this my self ,, how hard can it be where do i enter my employee names and s/s niumber so they will get w2 in a couple months ,,, my books are a mess cause my book keeper just left me hi and dry ,, i kinda know where everything is and can figure out the totals.. oh all my employees are paid i made sure they all got paid its the with holdiong i dont know how to pay that in to the sate please hep
JA: Have you documented this or discussed it with HR?
Customer: i dont want to hire a book keeper i want to know how to do this my self
JA: Is the employment agreement "at will," union, full time or part time?
Customer: its all part time people
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: they all get paid about 12 and hour some 15 an hour
Category: Employment Law
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
I need to know where and how i file my employee names and personal information so i can pay the money i with held from there check ,, how do i do that the main one is unployment i am laying off half my crew i am a seasonal business there going sign up for unployment but there hours and names have noit been filed so the state dont know they worked i have paid them cash help
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
soon my cell phone ios charged i will ask you to call me and hel me with this mess
Expert:  Infolawyer replied 7 months ago.

Hello and welcome. I am working on your answer and will be right back!

are you asking about paying payroll taxes? how have you paid it so far?

awaiting your reply, thanks.