ScottyMacEsq, Lawyer
Experience:  Licensed Texas General Practice Attorney
19487448

I am on Medcare and Mo Healthnet Medicaid. What is the limit

Customer Question

I am on Medcare and Mo Healthnet Medicaid. What is the limit of income other than your social security you can make while on both. I am 67 and
JA: What state are you in? It matters because laws vary by location. Has anything been filed or reported?
Customer: Misouri
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: Yes, I have been wanting to return to a job I had before I got sick 5 years agoo for 5 hours a week at $13.00 an hour. But, I am afraid that I will loose my Missouri Healthnet Insurance.
Category: Employment Law
Expert:  ScottyMacEsq replied 2 months ago.

Thank you for using JustAnswer.

Medicare is not need based, so there's no income limit for that.

In addition to the aged, blind, and disabled, the following populations are eligible for MO HealthNet Medicaid in Missouri:

• Adults without dependent children are not eligible at all (this is generally the case in states that have not expanded Medicaid) unless they’re disabled.
  • Adults with dependent children are only eligible if their household income doesn’t exceed 18 percent of poverty level. This is about $3,562 a year for a family of three; only Texas has a more stringent guideline, at 15 percent.
  • Infants under one are eligible for Medicaid if their household income is up to 196 percent of poverty.
  • Children 1 – 18 are eligible if their household income is up to 150 percent of poverty.
  • Children above the Medicaid income thresholds are eligible for CHIP if their household incomes are up to 300 percent of poverty. This is among the more generous limits in the country.
  • Pregnant women are eligible for Medicaid if their household income does not exceed 196 percent of poverty.

Federal poverty levels are used to determine your eligibility for certain programs and benefits. FPL amounts currently used by the Marketplace for 2016: $11,880 for individuals. $16,020 for a family of 2.

Hope that clears things up a bit. If you have any other questions, please let me know. If not, and you have not yet, please rate my answer AND press the "submit" button, if applicable. Please note that I don't get any credit for the time and effort that I spent on this answer unless and until you rate it positively (3 or more stars). Look for the stars on your screen (★★★★★). Thank you, ***** ***** luck to you!

Did you have any other questions before you rate this answer?

Are you there? Please note that I am still here, awaiting your response or rating... (please note that rating closes this question out, so if there's nothing else, please rate it so that I can assist other customers that are waiting for answers to their questions)

Should I continue to await your response, or may I assist the other customers that are waiting?

My apologies, but I must assist the other customers that are waiting. If you have any other questions, please let me know. If not, and you have not yet, please rate my answer AND press the "submit" button, if applicable. Please note that I don't get any credit for the time (>30 minutes) and effort that I spent on this answer unless and until you rate it positively (3 or more stars). Look for the stars on your screen (★★★★★).

If you feel that I have gone above and beyond in this answer (my average answer is about 10 minutes) bonuses are greatly appreciated. Thank you, ***** ***** luck to you!

▼ RATING REQUIRED! ▼ Please don't forget to Rate my service positively. It's only after you rate that I am credited.

I see that you have not responded in some time. Please note that this question is still open until you rate it. I believe that I have answered your question, but if you have any other questions, please let me know. If not, and you have not yet, please rate my answer AND press the "submit" button, if applicable. Please note that I don't get any credit for the time and effort that I spent on this answer unless and until you rate it positively (3 or more stars). Look for the stars on your screen (★★★★★). Thank you, ***** ***** luck to you!

You may need to scroll up, down, left or right on your screen to see the stars that you can rate.

Hello?