Patrick, Esq.
Patrick, Esq., Lawyer
Experience:  Significant experience in all areas of employment law.
60109343

If I apply for unemployment benefits from working in

Customer Question

If I apply for unemployment benefits from working in California and then move to Texas can I still collect unemployment benefits from California?
Category: Employment Law
Expert:  Patrick, Esq. replied 7 months ago.

Hello and thank you for your additional question. Please do not forget to go back and rate my service to you on the previous question if you do not require any further clarification there.

To answer your question here, YES, an individual can typically continue to collect benefits in CA even if they subsequently move to another state provided they are continuing to look for new work and remain available to immediately accept new work, whether that work be in the claimant's new state or back in CA.

I hope this addresses your question. Again if there is anything more I can do for you just let me know. It's my pleasure....