Tina, Lawyer
Experience:  JD, BBA, recognized by ABA for excellence.

I owed $68,900 due to layoff from my previous job, i filled

Customer Question

I owed $68,900 due to layoff from my previous job, i filled a petition at the Maryland court twice seeking for modification but no answer. i later secure job as a commission insurance agent with less pay,Then went back to school 2013 for a bachelor degree in Accounting which help me secure my current job. how can i make arrangement to pay off this amount or is there a possibility to get a reduction?
Submitted: 19 days ago.
Category: Employment Law
Customer: replied 19 days ago.
The amount i owed is a back child support case from the state of Maryland. Need help how to settle for payment arrangement and modification on my current child support amount due to lower income and a new child.
Customer: replied 19 days ago.
I have 25days left to respond back to court how to make a payment arrangement.
Expert:  Phillips Esq. replied 19 days ago.

Hello: This isCustomer Welcome to JustAnswer! I am reviewing your post, and I will post my response very shortly. Thank you for your patience.

Is your payment being collected by Child Support Enforcement or are you paying directly to the other parent?

Is the other parent willing to forgive some of the amounts due?