David Stewart
David Stewart, Lawyer
Experience:  Highly experienced attorney in Employment Law

I work for an auto parts store. i was not written up that o

Customer Question

i work for an auto parts store. i was not written up that o kno of them i see my employment file and my siginuter was forged on the write up. also, i asked for my vacation and now have a meeting to discuss Why im taking vacation. i was alos told that i would b written up if i called in sick and i have 20 hours sick leave. lots of changes in managemnt. im 51, bachelors degree in another field and got looked over twice for a promo. what do i do?
Submitted: 19 days ago.
Category: Employment Law
Expert:  Alex Esquire replied 19 days ago.

Hello. My name is Alex.
Thank you for your question.
I will be happy to provide you with information you are seeking for educational purposes only.

I am not permitted to tell what to do in their specific situation or list all of the legal rights / legal options that might potentially apply in any specific situation, as such legal advice can only be provided by your local attorney, upon review of your entire case.

I can however, provide you with a general answer, if you have a legal question for me?

Thank you.

Customer: replied 19 days ago.
I Thot I did ask a legal question. what can i do legally? Get a lawyer?
Customer: replied 19 days ago.
Wow this is a rip off!
Expert:  David Stewart replied 19 days ago.
Your employer is entitled to pass you over for a promotion and they can ask why you are taking vacation and write you up if you call in sick and cant prove you are sick. If you have been written up falsly draft a letter explaining your position and tell them to put it in your file. Aside from that if you dont lime their policies go get another job.
Customer: replied 19 days ago.
Expert:  David Stewart replied 18 days ago.