Phillips Esq., Attorney-at-Law
Experience:  B.A.; M.B.A.; J.D.

I receive nys compensation for an injury that has left me

Customer Question

I receive nys compensation for an injury that has left me partially disabled. my doctor stated I could only work 16 hours a week. up until last year I did that. My husband became terminally ill and I was his sole caregiver. I did not quit my job I was moved to on call status. I haven't been called. my husband passed away in 2015. I have had to have 4 surgeries and although I did do some craft work and bring in a small amount of money, I am due for another surgery nov. 8 and have not returned to work. can I loose my workers compensation because I have been unable to work past the craft sales I have had and I DID report those earnings on my taxes.
JA: Because employment law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?
Customer: New York
JA: Has anything been filed or reported?
Customer: not to my knowledge. They asked for my w-2's and past my husbands pension I have none
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: no
Submitted: 24 days ago.
Category: Employment Law
Expert:  Phillips Esq. replied 24 days ago.

Hello: This isCustomer Welcome to JustAnswer! I am reviewing your post, and I will post my response very shortly. Thank you for your patience.

My deepest condolences for the loss of your husband. I am so sorry to read about your difficulties.

It is unlikely that your worker's compensation benefits would be stopped under the circumstances that you have described. You are still partially disabled and need further treatment.

Best wishes,