Patrick, Esq.
Patrick, Esq., Lawyer
Experience:  Significant experience in all areas of employment law.

I was told to apply for disability by a doctor, which i did.

i was told to apply for disability by a doctor, which i did. i was approved, i will get my first check on the 3rd of october. i called to make sure all the ducks were in a row. i was told that i will not get medicare untill i reach 65. im 63 now. is there anything i can do to get my medicare earlier?

Hello and welcome. My name is ***** ***** it will be my pleasure to assist you. Please just give me a moment to review your question....

There are two circumstances in which you can get Medicare before you turn 65. The first is is you have been collecting SSDI benefits for at least 24 months. The second would be if you are receiving SSDI because you have Amyotrophic Lateral Sclerosis. In this circumstance, Medicare automatically begins the first month that your disability benefits start and you do not have to wait 24 months. Outside of these two exceptions I'm afraid there is typically no way to get Medicare sooner.

I hope that you find this information helpful. Please do not hesitate to let me know if you have any questions or concerns regarding the above and I will be more than happy to assist you further.

If you do not require any further assistance, please be so kind as to provide a positive rating of my service so that I may receive credit for assisting you. Very best wishes moving forward.

Customer: replied 26 days ago.
that is what i needed to know. thank you very much

You are most welcome. Again if there is anything more I can do just let me know. If I have answered your question, please do not forget to take a moment to positively rate my service before leaving, as this is the only way I am compensated for my time answering questions on Just Answer.

Kind regards,

Are you still with me?

It looks like we may have gotten disconnected. Can you please let me know if you are getting my messages?