Allen M., Esq.
Allen M., Esq., Employment Lawyer
Experience:  Employment/Labor Law Litigation

What is the law concerning retaliation if a union member

Customer Question

what is the law concerning retaliation if a union member complains about not getting paid in a timely manner?
JA: PayPal, Debitcard or credit card are all fine.
Customer: $?
JA: Have you documented this or discussed it with HR?
Customer: no
JA: Is the employment agreement "at will," union, full time or part time?
Customer: we are having a trial tonight based on an affidavit of charges
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: no
Submitted: 26 days ago.
Category: Employment Law
Expert:  Allen M., Esq. replied 26 days ago.

Thank you for trusting your question to JA today. I am a licensed attorney with over a decade of law practice and over 20 years of experience in the legal field. I’m happy to be of assistance.

The state laws concerning the wage payment act would protect any employee who is making a complaint about wage issues like this. The timely payment of wages is a legal requirement under the law, and so complaints to the employer (or to the Department of Labor, the entity that enforces the wage payment act) are protected from retaliation.

If you have any further questions, please let me know. I invite follow up questions, so use REPLY for those. If you have no further questions then good luck going forward and please do not forget to rate my service with a three, a four or preferably a five star rating so that I receive credit for working with you today. Please rate me based on my service and not on your satisfaction with the law, which I am not in control of and I am just reporting to you. Also, feel free to request me in the future, if you have questions concerning a different matter.

Expert:  Allen M., Esq. replied 25 days ago.

Hello, I wanted to check in and make sure that there was not any additional information that you required after the response I previously provided to you. If you need further assistance, please use REPLY and ask me for any additional information you may need. If not, take care and have a great day.