Tina, Lawyer
Experience:  JD, BBA, recognized by ABA for excellence.

My husband was employed by a company for the past 9 months

Customer Question

My husband was employed by a company for the past 9 months as Chief Operating Officer. Within a month of employment it was apparent that the person he directly reported to (the President) had serious issues. He was hired to "right the ship" but his hands were always tied by this person. He had communicated his concerns to human resources and other upper level management who continually replied "please tough it out, we've got your back". Last Friday he was told by the president that his employment was being terminated, that his heart wasn't in the job. She told him he would be paid til the end of the month (1 week). He would have received a promised bonus had he been there 3 more months. Between being given really no severance and the loss of the bonus, does he have any legal recourse?
JA: Because employment law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?
Customer: Kansas
JA: Is the employment agreement "at will," union, full time or part time?
Customer: at will, full time
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: not at this time
Submitted: 28 days ago.
Category: Employment Law
Expert:  P. Simmons replied 28 days ago.

Hi, My name is***** am an attorney with over 16 years experience. Hopefully I can help you with your legal question.

Can you tell me, if you know, what was the reason for termination?