Barrister, Lawyer
Experience:  16 years practicing attorney
19958803

Gave a 2 week notice and find out today they took me off the

Customer Question

Gave a 2 week notice and find out today they took me off the schedule for those 2 weeks I gave. What are my options.
Category: Employment Law
Expert:  Barrister replied 4 months ago.

Hello and welcome! My name is ***** ***** I am a licensed attorney who will try my very best to help with your situation or get you to someone who can. There may be a slight delay in my responses as I research statutes or ordinances and type out an answer or reply, but rest assured, I am working on your question.

.

I am sorry to hear that the employer decided to essentially terminate your employment early..

.

But from a legal perspective, when an employee gives a 2 week notice, they aren't guaranteed to be able to work for that 2 weeks. What they are saying legally is "I am quitting now, but I will work for another 2 weeks if you would like".

.

So the employer is free to make the resignation effective immediately if they don't want to accept the offer of 2 more weeks services from the employee.

.

With that said, you would be able to file for unemployment for those 2 weeks because they accelerated your end date.

.

.

thanks

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Thank you so much

You are very welcome. Happy to help any time.

.

If you feel your original question and any related follow ups have been answered, I would very much appreciate a positive rating on the answer I have provided as that is the only way I receive credit for my work. If you have a new question the JustAnswer folks require that you start a new question page, but you can request me by putting "For Barrister" in the caption and they will get it to me.

.

.

Have a great evening!