texlawyer, Lawyer
Experience:  I have assisted many customers and clients with their employment law questions and experienced in employment law litigation.

I was fired for "" health issues" so that's what my boss

Customer Question

I was fired for "" health issues " so that's what my boss said.. I missed one day of work on June 10 2016,, worked there for 2 1/2 years.. Also I was called names almost daily. ' idiots, retard. Nut. Stupid. Crazy.. This had nothing to do with my job as a hairdresser.. Do I have a case ? I was paid cash an have hand written stubs.. From here
Submitted: 25 days ago.
Category: Employment Law
Expert:  texlawyer replied 25 days ago.

Hello. Thank you for your question. I'll be happy to assist you.

Pennsylvania is a right to work state. For you, that means that you can only bring suit if you can prove that your firing was based on race, color, national origin, sex, pregnancy, religion, age (if the employee is at least 40), disability, citizenship status, or genetic information. If it's not based on one of those things, you will have a difficult time winning suit.

Expert:  texlawyer replied 24 days ago.

Do you have any questions? If so, feel free to ask. If not, please remember to "rate" my answer (that's how I get credit for my work).