CalAttorney2, Attorney
Experience:  Civil litigation attorney for individuals and businesses.

We're planning to setup a corporation with everyone as an

Customer Question

We're planning to setup a corporation with everyone as an independent contractor, with opportunity to become a partner over a period, and after meeting certain benchmark.
Considering we may go to market for funding on and off-shore, which form or corporation is more appropriate: LLC, Inc, etc...
Submitted: 27 days ago.
Category: Employment Law
Expert:  CalAttorney2 replied 27 days ago.

Hello, My name is ***** ***** I will assist you today. Please give me a few minutes to write a response and identify any additional resources for you.

Dear Customer,

An LLC is going to give you more flexibility than a Corporation, but the dynamics of your business as you have described them here are very complex. I would strongly suggest that you speak to a local attorney to discuss how to properly draft your governing documents (or draft amended or revised documents) to allow you to properly expand and keep your business goals in line with your actual governing documents.

I know that you probably didn't come here to be told "go talk to an attorney" - but if you really do plan on expanding your business like this, you are going to want to have a solid foundation for your business - and that is going to be set by the way your governing documents are drafted (everything you do or problems you have will be centered around those documents) - having a well drafted set is going to make a significant difference for you (do not rely on an "off the shelf" copy that is simply a regurgitation of the state's corporate code - especially given the way you are planning on organizing your business.