Asad Rahman
Asad Rahman, Lawyer
Experience:  Practicing Attorney with 10 years experience

I have been asked to come to the office two times this year

Customer Question

I have been asked to come to the office two times this year stating I needed to up date my paper work,or file . When I arrived was asked to take a drug test . first time I was getting over a cold and it was my day off .But I came in because they said it was important. I was dehydrated ended up having to stay their for two hours on my day off so I could produce the urine .I was neg I don't due drugs so I have nothing to hide ,but I don't like not telling me the truth . I have been a nurse for 36 years so I'm used to drug testing but they usually tell me I need to come in for a drug test. So I drink water on my way. last week this happen to me again . And I had just gone to the bathroom had I been told the truth I would not of gone to the bathroom. Again I was neg . I have never been treated like this befor just would like to know if I have any rights.
Submitted: 27 days ago.
Category: Employment Law
Expert:  Asad Rahman replied 27 days ago.
I absolutely do understand your position but employers have fairly broad discretion especially in the health care field. Random drug testing is needed because Unfortunately some employees try to cheat the tests.
Expert:  Asad Rahman replied 25 days ago.

Let me know if you have any additional questions otherwise a positive rating would be appreciated.