Infolawyer, Lawyer
Experience:  Licensed attorney helping employers and employees.

My son won a law suit for medical surgery that was

Customer Question

my son won a law suit for medical surgery that was negligent. My wife recently left her job as a cfo of a privately held company and wasn't sued but held hostage for a settlement. she was a cpa. they had a inventory problem and she had a crazy boss. her boss knew that our sons medical settlement was in our name and he had a confidentiality agreement do we have a case
Submitted: 30 days ago.
Category: Employment Law
Expert:  Infolawyer replied 30 days ago.

Hello and welcome. I am working on your answer and will be right back!

If your wife was maltreated or discriminated against by way of retaliation, hostile work environment, or other discrimination, yes there is an available case!

I am sorry this happened. I will do the following: 1. suggest options for pursuing a case 2. preparation tactics 3. way to find a local lawyer if you still wish to involve one but can save on fees by following steps 1 and 2
The eeoc is a federal agency charged with reviewing discrimination complaints. is its site and you can pursue a complaint using it.You have a few options. Let me outline them. You can pursue a complaint in civil court. You may sue for losses suffered plus costs and interest. You can also file a complaint with the attorney general office. You can threaten these options before pursuing and use for leverage. local counsel can also get involved! A lawyer letter alone can often bring about a settlement as the other side realizes that you are serious and gets concerned about its risk and legal fees.
You want to prepare your case by creating a time line starting from the earliest event. For each event, write down key details and witnesses and if there is a document that relates to it, save it and refer to it. This timeline can be very valuable in narrating your case and presenting it later in a concrete and specific way.
If I can clarify or explain anything further, just ask me. kindly rate me 5 stars. Leaving a bonus after rating is very much appreciated.
Expert:  Infolawyer replied 26 days ago.

thanks in advance.