Law Educator, Esq., Attorney
Experience:  20+ Years of Employment Law Experience

If I served a protection order toward a person and he was

Customer Question

If I served a protection order toward a person and he was served. He responded by declaration to the court. He served me at my work with a copy of the declaration. Is serving me required by court or his that harassment coming to my work of employment?
JA: Because employment law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?
Customer: Washington State
JA: Has anything been filed or reported?
Customer: I filed an anti harassment protection order against him through Pierce County Courts. I had him served. He was responding by declaration.
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: I just would like to know if he legally can come to my place of employment and serve me a copy of the declaration.
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Employment Law
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
He personally did not serve me ... he had someone serve me.
Expert:  Law Educator, Esq. replied 1 month ago.
Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.
Legally an order of protection prohibits direct or indirect contact between parties. However, legally anything filed in the courts by either party must be sent or served upon the other party, so for him to comply with court rules on serving documents to the other party he had to have you served by someone and as such, service of legal pleadings is an exception to the order of protection no contact rules because legally he had to serve you and he could use anyone over 18 to do so by law.