RobertJDFL, Lawyer
Experience:  Experienced in multiple areas of the law.
18284290

I worked as a medical assistant in a work place an the owner

Customer Question

I worked as a medical assistant in a work place an the owner doctor cut my pants with scirror in front of the hr or hiring manager it was four years ago I was worried about my job and training there an did not say anything everyone seen me crying an my pants I had my bf bring me more an continue work humiliated and crying how can u help am I out of time to do something about it have several witness
Category: Employment Law
Expert:  RobertJDFL replied 2 months ago.

Thank you for using Just Answer. I am a licensed attorney and look forward to helping you. I am reviewing your question and will reply back shortly.

Thank you for your patience. I'm sorry to hear what happened. Unfortunately, because I need to be honest with you, I don't see any potential cause of action here. At the most, Washington State has a three year statute of limitations for a sexual harassment suit. And most discrimination cases require that you file a complaint with the Equal Employment Opportunity Commission (EEOC) within 180 days of the alleged discriminatory act.

I also don't see based on these facts a case for emotional distress claim, as the injury must be "severe and pervasive." I'm not saying you certainly weren't understandably upset, but emotional distress requires such injury as to where a person may have to seek medical treatment (therapy) and/or ongoing medication. Even if there were a claim here, it too has a 3 year statute of limitations to bring a lawsuit in Washington State, so it would be barred.

I'm sorry I cannot tell you otherwise.

Please remember to kindly leave a positive rating for me by clicking on the stars, as that is the only way experts are paid for their time even though you may have already paid a deposit to the site. Follow-up questions asked in this thread do not cost anything additional after leaving a positive rating.

If you need clarification
about my answer or additional information, please use the SEND or REPLY button to continue our conversation. 5 star service is my goal, so if I have provided less than that, please tell me how I may help!

Was there additional information you needed or can I clarify something about my answer? If so, please let me know, as I'm happy to continue assisting you! If there is nothing further, I would kindly ask that you leave me a positive rating by clicking on the stars, so that I am credited for my time and assistance. You can always reply to this message after leaving a positive rating at no additional charge.