Thelawman2
Thelawman2, Lawyer
Experience:  Attorney-at-Law
66887675

I am a woman of color, I am 51 years old.I have been forced

Customer Question

I am a woman of color, I am 51 years old.I have been forced to resign due working condition and racial discrimination. I have worked the company for 12 years. I have been physically attacked by a co worker and more. I have documentation. Please advise
Category: Employment Law
Expert:  Thelawman2 replied 9 months ago.

Hello, my name is ***** ***** I will be helping you today. I am terribly sorry that this has happened.

When a person is subject to racial discrimination, they should file a complaint with the EEOC. The law forbids discrimination when it comes to any aspect of employment, including hiring, firing, pay, job assignments, promotions, layoff, training, fringe benefits, and any other term or condition of employment.

If you believe that you have been discriminated against at work because of your race, you can file a Charge of Discrimination. All of the laws enforced by EEOC, except for the Equal Pay Act, require you to file a Charge of Discrimination with the EEOC before you can job discrimination lawsuit against your employer. There are time limits for filing a charge. You have to file a charge within 180 days.

If you file a charge, you may be asked to try to settle the dispute through mediation. Mediation is an informal and confidential way to resolve disputes with the help of a neutral mediator. If the case is not sent to mediation, or if mediation doesn't resolve the problem, the charge will be given to an investigator.

If an investigation finds no violation of the law, you will be given a Notice of Right to Sue. This notice gives you permission to file suit in a court of law. If a violation is found, EEOC will attempt to reach a voluntary settlement with the employer. If EEOC cannot reach a settlement, your case will be referred to EEOC legal staff (or the Department of Justice in certain cases), who will decide whether or not the agency should file a lawsuit. If the EEOC decide not to file a lawsuit, EEOC will give you a Notice of Right to Sue.

Here is a website of the EEOC that can help you file your charge: https://www.eeoc.gov/employees/howtofile.cfm

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Thank you

You are welcome, please provide positive feedback if you are satisfied with the answer!