LawTalk, Attorney
Experience:  30 years legal experience and I keep current in Employment Law through regular continuing education.

I'm attending an orientation for MO unemployment tomorrow. I

Customer Question

I'm attending an orientation for MO unemployment tomorrow. I signed up for it a month ago. Do I need a resume ready for tomorrow. I have been writing out job applications but don't have a current resume.
JA: Because employment law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?
Customer: Missouri and I'm attending a workshop in Chillicothe tomorrow.
JA: Is the employment agreement "at will," union, full time or part time?
Customer: Full time
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: Can I be selective about accepting a job or will I be expected to take the first job offer.
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Employment Law
Expert:  LawTalk replied 1 month ago.

Good afternoon,

I'm Doug, and I'm very sorry to hear of your situation. My goal is to provide you with excellent service today.

While having a resume is not a legal requirement to your qualification for unemployment benefits, if you can put together even a draft of a resume for your orientation that would be helpful.

You will be obligated to accept a job that you are qualified for if one is offered to you. If you worked as a white collar executive, you will not be expected to take a job flipping burgers. But of you were say working in the construction field, you will be expected to accept a similar job, with similar wages.

You may reply back to me using the Reply link and I will be happy to continue to assist you until I am able to address your concerns, to your satisfaction.

I hope that I have been able to fully answer your question. As I am not an employee of JustAnswer, please be so kind as to rate my service to you. That is the only way I am compensated for assisting you. Thank you in advance.

I wish you and yours the best in 2016,