Tina, Lawyer
Experience:  JD, BBA, recognized by ABA for excellence.

I have been working for a company for 17 years and

Customer Question

I have been working for a company for 17 years and responsible for the development and implementation of our External and Internal API's for the past 6 years which includes around 7 architects, developers and analysts. Our company merged with another company 2 years ago and we are still integrating the systems. The leadership team is primarily from the company we merged, including my manager and Sr. VP. I was just informed that a person who is from the former company is going to take over my External API area. All along the leadership has been telling me that they need to grow my team and now this individual who does not have anywhere near the experience is taking a large portion of my responsibility. I have always been a top performer as shown by my Performance Reviews and questioned if it was performance based and there answer was no. I believe that they are not taking my experience in this area and are discriminating against me since this individual has been part of the leadership from the former company. It seems that they are pushing out the leaders from my company as we are growing older now that I am 50.
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Employment Law
Expert:  Patrick, Esq. replied 1 month ago.

Hello and welcome. I am very sorry this is happening. Do you have any specific evidence to suggest this is happening because of your age? Also, what precisely is your question here? I very much look forward to helping you on this matter.