Law Educator, Esq., Attorney
Experience:  20+ Years of Employment Law Experience

Does the union company fund my pension or is it totally

Customer Question

does the union company fund my pension or is it totally funded and manage by my union.this pertains to an unemployment disqualification.iupat .mass law151,29(d)(6).Thank you
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Employment Law
Expert:  Law Educator, Esq. replied 1 month ago.
Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.
This depends on your union contract with the employer. Some union contracts, the employer pays into the pension fund, while others the pension fund is contributed to solely by members and the union. So in order to know about your specific agreement between employer and union, you need to obtain the union contract to see the pension funding clause. Most commonly though, the employer does fund the pension for the union employees.