Irwin Law
Irwin Law, Attorney
Experience:  Lawyer & Real Estate Broker, 30+ years, foreclosure, land contracts, inheritance, probate.
18215332

My daughter is having a terrible time with a bank in Boston

Customer Question

My daughter is having a terrible time with a bank in Boston Mass. What is happening is about ten days ago, she got her first pay roll check. She has direct deposit. However, her money has not been deposited. She has gone to HR at her work. They told her the payroll check was communicated to the bank for deposit. Yet, the bank has no record of it. They keep giving my daughter the run around. They are slow to move and really do not help her at all. She is panicking now as m daughter has bills that are due, she can hardly feed herself, she can not make payment on her apartment. She needs help now and is suffering. How can she get help. She is in a real bad way. Thanks
BTW, she has spoken several times to the bank. It has not helped her.
Category: Employment Law
Expert:  Irwin Law replied 2 months ago.

Good morning and thanks for using JUST ANSWER. This is a very unusual problem, in fact it's the first time I have ever seen it presented to us. Of course I cannot give you a definitive opinion, because I am not there, but if I had to bet money on who's at fault I would say it is the bank and not the employer. The employer can be subject to severe penalties for withholding wages improperly, so they are very careful that there payroll system does not make mistakes. There must be a way that the payroll department can prove that the money was wired to the bank for credit to your daughter's account. That is what she needs to track down from the payroll department, not human resources. The supervisor in payroll might be able to help her get the bank on the right track and the money properly credited to her account. In the meantime, I hope that she can borrow money from somebody to keep going.

I hope that I have provided excellent service and, if so, would love a 5 star rating. If not, please let me know how I can further assist you. There is no additional charge to you for rating me. A bonus is not required, but is always appreciated.

Thanks again for using JUST ANSWER.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Payroll did give her proof the check communicated to the bank for deposit. So, she has this. The problem is the bank is not helping my daughter. Again, they keep giving her to run around.

I'm sorry, but I am unable to do anything for your daughter personally. If she has proof of the transmittal from her employer to a specific account number in her name at the bank, it should be easy for the bank to track down where the money went.

Hello again. I hope that I have provided excellent service and, if so, would love a 5 star rating. If not, please let me know how I can further assist you. There is no additional charge to you for rating me. A bonus is not required, but is always appreciated.

Thanks again for using JUST ANSWER.