Tina, Lawyer
Experience:  JD, BBA, recognized by ABA for excellence.

I was accused of shoplifting escorted by two law officers

Customer Question

I was accused of shoplifting escorted by two law officers back to the store after I left. My bags were checked. I was told the reason I was suspected was because the Manager found tags in the dressing room. I had no purse and paid with cash. The tags were left in the pockets of the pants I was trying on and cutting my leg so I laid them on the bench. I usually never go into public places because I suffer from panic disorder and have been under treatment for 20 years without any episodes for over 10 years. I was terrified that I was going to be arrested. I was embarrassed and my attacks started again. I have been seeking treatment but my Dr. knows that it is a condition that I will just have to suffer through. THe store was negligent and the CORP. fired the Manager. They didn't follow any of their policies on shoplifting. I have missed work, I am a 3rd grade teacher and am considering a leave of absence. I contacted the store and they are willing to work with me but keep giving me the run around. I didn't want all my medical records released but I am to the point I do not care. I have no insurance and if I have to receive in house treatment it will be very expensive. Can you help?
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Employment Law
Expert:  LegalKnowledge replied 1 month ago.

Good morning. We can not represent you but I am happy to answer any questions which you may have, so please let me know.