Patrick, Esq.
Patrick, Esq., Lawyer
Experience:  Significant experience in all areas of employment law.
60109343

I was suspended without pay for 2 weeks, ending today, sept

Customer Question

I was suspended without pay for 2 weeks, ending today, sept 19. Should I call HR to see if I am on the schedule for this week? No one has called me
JA: Because employment law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?
Customer: Georgia, the company is out of california
JA: Is the employment agreement "at will," union, full time or part time?
Customer: At will, full time
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: The suspension was for an infraction that occurred May 2
Category: Employment Law
Expert:  Patrick, Esq. replied 9 months ago.

Hello and welcome. My name is ***** ***** it will be my pleasure to assist you.

It certainly can't hurt to followup with HR to see if you are on the schedule and if not when you will be put back on the schedule. If I can clarify anything at all for you, please do not hesitate to ask. It is my pleasure to assist you further if necessary....

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
On my suspension slip it says someone will be in contact with me by the 16th of September,or they may extend the investigation at their sole discretion. I had applied for a months leave of absence, and was approved for foot surgery....and then this happened. The operation is on the 26th, ordinarily I would receive disability after the first 15 days...do they still have to provide disability if I am still suspended

If you are talking about a private disability insurance policy, the answer would ultimately depend on the wording of the specific policy. That said, most likely if the policy prevents you from collecting disability if you are on suspension, you would typically be barred from collecting even though the original suspension was only till the 16th because the suspension slip says that it can be suspended at your employer's sole discretion. Now, if the policy does NOT prohibit you from collecting disability benefits while on suspension (and again, this depends completely on the specific wording of your policy) then the length of the suspension would not matter and you would still be able to collect.

If I can clarify anything at all for you, please do not hesitate to ask. It is my pleasure to assist you further if necessary....