Loren, Lawyer
Experience:  More than 30 years in legal practice.
17897874

Is it legal to drive a car with one hand. My job has asked

Customer Question

is it legal to drive a car with one hand. My job has asked me to drive 40 miles to work and work a 10 hour day with one hand. I have my other hand injured and can not use that hand. i dont feel comfortable doing this and yet they tell me if I dont they will fire me. I only have use of my right hand and I'm left handed. They dont care and this concerns me. I need help
JA: Because employment law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?
Customer: michigan
JA: Has anything been filed or reported?
Customer: I went to DMV and was told by a state rep that it is illegal to operate a vehicle in state of michigan with one hand
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: no thanks not at this time
Category: Employment Law
Expert:  Loren replied 7 months ago.

Thank you for using JustAnswer. I am Loren, a licensed attorney for over 30 yrs, and I look forward to assisting you.

Expert:  Loren replied 7 months ago.

Are you online with me?

Expert:  Loren replied 7 months ago.

I am not seeing any statute in Michigan making it a violation to drive with one hand. It may be evidence of negligence if there is an accident, but there does not appear to be anything which makes it a violation of the MVC.

Expert:  Loren replied 7 months ago.

If you have no further questions, and have not yet done so, please remember to leave a favorable rating (click 5 stars in the rating section on this page) so that I am credited by JustAnswer for assisting you.

There is no additional charge to you for rating me.

A bonus is not required, but is always appreciated.