D Downs-Vollbracht
D Downs-Vollbracht,
Experience:  General Counsel at Cadre Consulting, LLC

I'm an associate dentist working on contract at another

Customer Question

Hello, I'm an associate dentist working on contract at another dentist's office and he is cheating me by not paying the patient collections that are due to me. Our contract says he will collect all payments and pass on a set % to me. But for the last five months, he has started keeping about half the collections and only passing my % based on half the collections.
I showed him the issue and asked for what due to me, but he is dragging his feet. What should I do?
Thanks for your advice.
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Employment Law
Expert:  D Downs-Vollbracht replied 1 month ago.
Hello. Hopefully I can help you work things out with your employer. Do you have a copy of your employment contract?
Customer: replied 11 days ago.
Hello D Downs-Vollbracht,
Thanks for your response. Please note that this is not an employment. It is a contractor agreement between me and the dental practice owner. Please let me know if you can still help.
I have attached a redacted contract here. Please let me know the rights afforded to me from the contract to get my unpaid compensation out. I have been working with them for the last month and a half and have shown all records, but this practice owner is a chronic cheater (staff knows about it) and is trying to cheat again. I'd like to know what legal leverage I can produce to make them do the right thing.
I'm happy to have a call tomorrow during the day if that works better.Thanks