Ely, Counselor at Law
Experience:  Years of experience in running a medium sized law firm.
7286322

Can a restrained order effect my l.p.n licencse, New jersey,

Customer Question

Hello can a restrained order effect my l.p.n licencse
JA: What state are you in? It matters because laws vary by location.
Customer: New jersey
JA: Has anything been filed or reported?
Customer: Assault criminal intent he pushed and punched my first
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: No
Category: Employment Law
Expert:  Ely replied 2 months ago.

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer. Please note: This is general information for educational purposes only and is not legal advice. No specific course of action is proposed herein, and no attorney-client relationship or privilege is formed by speaking to an expert on this site. By continuing, you confirm that you understand and agree to these terms.

A civil restraining order (Domestic Violence Restraining Order or a Sexual Assault Restraining Order) should not affect one's LPN license. This is a civil matter, and (1) does not get reported to the board and (2) is not considered by the board.

Had this been a criminal matter, then this may affect the license.

I hope this helps and clarifies. Please use the SEND or REPLY button to keep chatting, or please RATE when finished. You may always ask follow ups at no charge after rating. Kindly rate my answer as one of TOP THREE FACES/STARS and then SUBMIT, as this is how experts get credit for our time. Rating my answer the bottom two faces/stars (or failing to submit the rating) does not give me credit and reflects poorly on me, even if my answer is correct. I work very hard to formulate an informative and honest answer for you; please reciprocate my good faith with a positive rating.