How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Infolawyer Your Own Question
Infolawyer, Lawyer
Category: Employment Law
Satisfied Customers: 56234
Experience:  Licensed attorney helping employers and employees.
Type Your Employment Law Question Here...
Infolawyer is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I work for a Catholic parish, and need advice regarding my

Customer Question

I work for a Catholic parish, and need advice regarding my boss who is the pastor. I serve in an administrative position in the church. My boss is verbally abusive to me and other staff. I have spoken to him about it several times. He wrote me up (in the form of a letter) about a service I had written last week. I need help in responding to that letter and his ongoing verbal abuse of me. The most recent incident was yesterday. His verbal abuse is making me feel physically ill. He targeted his secretary for two months. The work environment is hostile.
I just began my fifth year of employment in the parish. My boss has been in his position for a little over a year and serves as pastor of the parish.
Thank you for reading this. I look forward to your direction.
Submitted: 9 months ago.
Category: Employment Law
Expert:  Infolawyer replied 9 months ago.

Hello and welcome. I am working on your answer and will be right back!

Expert:  Infolawyer replied 9 months ago.

The conduct is not acceptable and if it cannot be resolved by conversation and internal complaint I am going to suggest some other avenues. Very sorry you are experiencing this.

Expert:  Infolawyer replied 9 months ago.
I am sorry this happened. I will do the following: 1. suggest options for pursuing a case 2. preparation tactics 3. way to find a local lawyer if you still wish to involve one but can save on fees by following steps 1 and 2You have a few options. Let me outline them. You can pursue a complaint in civil court. You may sue for losses suffered plus costs and interest. You can also file a complaint with the attorney general office. You can threaten these options before pursuing and use for leverage. local counsel can also get involved! A lawyer letter alone can often bring about a settlement as the other side realizes that you are serious and gets concerned about its risk and legal fees.You want to prepare your case by creating a time line starting from the earliest event. For each event, write down key details and witnesses and if there is a document that relates to it, save it and refer to it. This timeline can be very valuable in narrating your case and presenting it later in a concrete and specific way.
Expert:  Infolawyer replied 9 months ago.
If I can clarify or explain anything further, just ask me. kindly rate me 5 stars.
Expert:  Infolawyer replied 9 months ago.

thanks in advance.