Infolawyer, Lawyer
Experience:  Licensed attorney helping employers and employees.

I work for a Catholic parish, and need advice regarding my

Customer Question

I work for a Catholic parish, and need advice regarding my boss who is the pastor. I serve in an administrative position in the church. My boss is verbally abusive to me and other staff. I have spoken to him about it several times. He wrote me up (in the form of a letter) about a service I had written last week. I need help in responding to that letter and his ongoing verbal abuse of me. The most recent incident was yesterday. His verbal abuse is making me feel physically ill. He targeted his secretary for two months. The work environment is hostile.
I just began my fifth year of employment in the parish. My boss has been in his position for a little over a year and serves as pastor of the parish.
Thank you for reading this. I look forward to your direction.
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Employment Law
Expert:  Infolawyer replied 1 month ago.

Hello and welcome. I am working on your answer and will be right back!

The conduct is not acceptable and if it cannot be resolved by conversation and internal complaint I am going to suggest some other avenues. Very sorry you are experiencing this.

I am sorry this happened. I will do the following: 1. suggest options for pursuing a case 2. preparation tactics 3. way to find a local lawyer if you still wish to involve one but can save on fees by following steps 1 and 2You have a few options. Let me outline them. You can pursue a complaint in civil court. You may sue for losses suffered plus costs and interest. You can also file a complaint with the attorney general office. You can threaten these options before pursuing and use for leverage. local counsel can also get involved! A lawyer letter alone can often bring about a settlement as the other side realizes that you are serious and gets concerned about its risk and legal fees.You want to prepare your case by creating a time line starting from the earliest event. For each event, write down key details and witnesses and if there is a document that relates to it, save it and refer to it. This timeline can be very valuable in narrating your case and presenting it later in a concrete and specific way.
If I can clarify or explain anything further, just ask me. kindly rate me 5 stars.

thanks in advance.