Olivia Kent
Olivia Kent, Attorney
Experience:  Partner at Kent Law Group, LLC
92304199

I am a nurse and I work for a nursing agency and have not

Customer Question

I am a nurse and I work for a nursing agency and have not been paid this Friday will be a month and I was getting paid every two weeks. I hear they are down on their luck but cannot get anyone to contact me and let me know if I am going to get paid. Meanwhile my patients are being seen by another nurse. How do I find out if they are receiving any money from the insurance company or just not paying me. They say they don't want to lose me and the experience and knowledge I bring to the company. I just don't understand and cant get any answers.
JA: When we are ready I'll take you to the appropriate web page. Because employment law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?
Customer: Texas
JA: Has anything been filed or reported?
Customer: Not yet but have notified my Director of nurses on my intentions. All I want is some answers.
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: Such as what
Category: Employment Law
Expert:  Olivia Kent replied 9 months ago.

Hello. My name is ***** ***** I'm an attorney. I'll be happy to help you in any way I can. My goal is to make sure you are completely satisfied before you submit your rating so please let me know if you have additional questions or you need me to clarify anything. If there is a delay in the time it takes me to respond it is because I am working with a customer or I am not online - but rest assured I will respond to your follow up question, if you have one. Also, I am on a mobile unit, which automatically asks you to submit a rating once I submit a response – but please don't feel like you need to do so until we are done speaking. I can't tell you what to do - but if it were me, I'd stop working until I was paid. Saying they "don't want to lose" you is great and all but it's meaningless if they're not going to pay you. Plus, to be frank, it sounds very very fishy. Please let me know if you have any questions or you need me to clarify anything. I would be happy to do so. If there is a delay in responding it's because I'm working with another customer or simply not at my computer - but I assure you I will respond as soon as I can.

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Ok I have stopped working I am presently filling out forms for Texas Work force claim. I know that also will take forever seeing they supposedly aren't getting reimbursed for care. Is there nothing else I can do?

If you haven't gotten paid for the work you did, and there's no expectation that you will you can contact the office to determine if you are eligible for unemployment benefits that period, since you were "effectively" unemployed. As far as compelling your employer to pay you, your main option would be small claims court. Please let me know if you have any questions or you need me to clarify anything. I would be happy to do so. If you could also take a moment to leave positive feedback I would appreciate it. If you ever need additional assistance, you can always reach out to me directly by putting FOR OLIVIA in the first line of your question and Just Answer will route it to me.