Tina, Lawyer
Experience:  JD, BBA, recognized by ABA for excellence.
4460311

I am seeking representation on an unemployment insurance

Customer Question

I am seeking representation on an unemployment insurance claim for my wife. She recently had a hearing and it was adjourned to a new date to be announced. She was denied for not good cause, we think we did not filled the application properly on the first place.
JA: Have you documented this or discussed it with HR?
Customer: Yes. HR did not appear at the hearing. I am the CFO of the company that my wife was employed and they said the company will not contest
JA: Is the employment agreement "at will," union, full time or part time?
Customer: at will
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: no
Category: Employment Law
Expert:  LawTalk replied 2 months ago.

Good afternoon,

I'm Doug, and I'm very sorry to hear of your family's situation. My goal is to provide you with excellent service today.

Please understand that we are not a law firm and we do not provide representation or legal services. We can provide answers to legal questions however. I'm sorry, but JustAnswer prohibits us from representing customers of JustAnswer. Additionally, you will always want a local attorney to assist you in any case you might become involved in, because a local attorney will know the other local attorneys likely to become involved as well as know the judges in your county. So for many reasons, you really want to retain a local attorney if you retain one.

Given the above is there something I can assist you with?

Doug

Expert:  LawTalk replied 2 months ago.

Is there anything else I can assist you with today?

Doug