Infolawyer, Lawyer
Experience:  Licensed attorney helping employers and employees.
11313492

I work in MA in sales management and have recently exceeded

Customer Question

Hello. I work in MA in sales management and have recently exceeded my annual goal. According to my comp plan letter I am now put into another commission percentage bracket for every dollar beyond my goal. My company informed me this was a mistake in my comp letter, and only eligible for account executives. I have the letter signed by myself and our VP/GM. Legally can they change my comp plan?>
JA: Because employment law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?
Customer: Massachusetts
JA: Has anything been filed or reported?
Customer: nothing yet. my finance director wants to speak with me after I asked why commision rate has nto changed
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: they have made commission errors before with my comp payouts that i had to bring to their attention. Also they only informed me about this error after I reached goal
Category: Employment Law
Expert:  Infolawyer replied 8 months ago.

Hello and welcome. I am working on your answer and will be right back!

If you have a commitment letter, company has to honor the letter. It amounts to a contract and has to be honored for the term of the employment. Failure to pay in full amounts to a breach of contract.

Kindly rate me 5 stars, thank you