Attorney2020
Attorney2020, Lawyer
Experience:  I have significant experience in employment law.
63724254

My husband - non tenured faculty- retired from Penn State

Customer Question

My husband - non tenured faculty- retired from Penn State after 38 years in various positions effective August 13- the end of summer semester. This week Penn State announced a one year salary incentive for early retirement available with the stipulation that the employee be an employee as of Sept 1, . We feel screwed over. Could he rescind?
Category: Employment Law
Expert:  Attorney2020 replied 2 months ago.

He could rescind if the terms of his retirement allows for it. Unfortunately a contract can only be rescinded if the terms of the contract allow for the rescission. Your husband could request that he be reinstated and hopefully the employer would accommodate such request as a courtesy, but the employer is not legally required to do so.

I hope that helped. Please ask any follow-up questions. Please rate my answer so that I may be credited for my time. I thank you in advance for your cooperation.

Please rate my answer so that I may be credited for my time. I thank you in advance for your cooperation.