Stacy Adkins
Stacy Adkins, Lawyer
Experience:  Law Clerk for 7 years

I tested positve for thc on a post accident drug screen I

Customer Question

I tested positve for thc on a post accident drug screen I havent been using however my living condition isnt the best as I am living in a hotel, now studies say 2bd hand wobt make you positive but I think thats false where I live the air isnt ventilated and the people I have no choice but to be around it or sleep in the street when I was aksed by the doctor about it I assure him I personally dont. i was tryibg to get pass my training so I could get into a better living condition. temporary living condition has cost me greatly. Is there anything I can do?
JA: Can you tell me what state this is in?
Customer: GA
JA: Is the employment agreement "at will," union, full time or part time?
Customer: Part-time with MART
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: I have never been in this situation so I dont know my first test for pre employment was clean because I havebt been using
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Employment Law
Expert:  Stacy Adkins replied 1 month ago.

Hi, thanks for your question. Unfortunately, I don't have any good news for you. If your employer chooses to terminate you, you have no recourse. As an at will employee, an employer can fire you for no reason, or any reason at all. Failing a drug screen, regardless of the reason, is likely cause for termination if they choose to push it. Your only option is to find a new living situation and hope your employer doesn't let you go based on this positive test. I wish I had better news for you, but unfortunately, there aren't many remedies for at will employment relationships.

I hope this answers your question. Please leave a positive rating for me if you've found my answer helpful. Its the only way Just Answer compensates their experts for their time. You can still ask a followup question if needed.