Phillips Esq., Attorney-at-Law
Experience:  B.A.; M.B.A.; J.D.

I am teacher, and I have an issue with my principal. School

Customer Question

I am teacher, and I have an issue with my principal. School has been in three weeks, in that time I have been moved from one grade to another, even though I have 20 years service, while uncertified teachers have been kept in positions, and they are day by day subs. I am now coteaching in another grade, not in a classroom of my own. A representative from the shcool board, has already been over to the school, when I contacted the union, they told me to go to another school that she was trying to send me to. I don't think I should hae to do that. Everyday, there si something new. Other people at my school who have nothing to do with this are now even eating me differently. Monday, she announced to the faculty that I had agrred to move to another so, which I had not, so everyone was shocked to see me at work. I really don't want this to go any further, but everyday it's something different. Leagally what can I do and when can I do it?
JA: Because employment law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?
Customer: Louisiana
JA: Is the employment agreement "at will," union, full time or part time?
Customer: I'm a full time teacher. I'm a member of the union, but when I contacted them they really haven't been of any help
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: I have 20 years experience, and I have life time certification
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Employment Law
Expert:  Phillips Esq. replied 1 month ago.

Hello: This isCustomer Welcome to JustAnswer! I am reviewing your post, and I will post my response very shortly. Thank you for your patience.

I am sorry to read about your difficulties.

Since you are part of a Union, you have to follow the terms of Union's Collective Bargaining Agreement by filing for grievance with the assistance of your Union. Then if the grievance process does not resolve your issue, your Union would refer you to an Attorney who handles employer and labor issues to assist you in filing lawsuit against the school.

Goodluck with your case,